” Keith Woods possesses a rare combination of passion, vision and high EQ. He has the ability to understand differing stakeholder perspectives and reach consensus through open and honest dialogue.”
– Richard Preng, Managing Partner / Global Energy, Korn Ferry
Keith Woods has had a compelling career, marked by an unwavering commitment to professional and personal pursuits. Raised in San Diego County, he came to Arizona for high school, at The Orme School, and has been a proud Arizonan ever since. Keith became Senator John McCain’s Senate intern in December, 1985. After earning his B.S. from ASU Keith moved into the radio business, spending 17+ years at 93.3 KDKB.
Award Winning Business Owner
In 2010, Keith launched KB Woods Public Relations to provide top tier video PR, publicity and social media services, and Handstage in 2013, which creates award-winning video productions. Keith has since grown KB Woods into one of the top 10 PR firms in Phoenix, as ranked by the Phoenix Business Journal. His firm has represented NASA, PayPal, Bank of Southern California, Michael A. Pollack Real Estate Investments, Phoenix Business Journal, Cox Business, HF Coors, Mobile Mini, and many others. KB Woods PR also dedicates time and resources to non-profit causes like UMOM, the Care Fund, and St. Theresa Catholic School. Recently his agency produced the award nominated “Orme Ranch Forever” short documentary, to preserve more than 900 acres of the Orme Ranch in central Arizona, through the Central Arizona Land Trust. It was written and narrated by Keith Woods.
A Servant Leader
Keith has additionally played a key leadership role in other organizations, including the Public Relations Society of America – Phoenix Chapter, and the Grand Canyon Council of the Boy Scouts of America. He has also been a tireless advocate for cancer-related causes, after losing his mother to the disease at a young age.
Keith’s family – wife Molly and sons Kenton, Max and Chad – are his most meaningful achievement of all.
- SRP Board of Directors – Association (2000-present)
- SRP Board of Directors – District (2004-present)
- SRP Council – Association (1996-2000)
- SRP Board of Directors – District (1996-2004)
- SRP Board of Directors Committees
- Chairman, Compensation (present)
- Chairman, Power (2019-2020)
- Chairman, Governance (2015-2019)
- Chairman, Community Relations (2004-2008)
- Finance & Budget
- Papago Park Center Board of Directors (2008-2009)
- New West Energy Board of Directors
- National Conference Presenter – American Public Power Association (2019)
- American Public Power Association
- Colorado River Water Users Association
- National Water Resources Association
- American Marketing Association
- Federal Aviation Administration, licensed pilot (Pt. 107)
- Public Relations Society of America, Phoenix Chapter
- Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences